At Coffee & Contracts, we like to keep the following sentence top of mind when creating content for social media: People are on social media to connect with others, be entertained, be inspired, or to learn something. The first part of creating new content is considering the above sentence. How will this piece of content be received by our audience? Are we checking one or multiple of these boxes? Read on for our tips to get more engagement on your Instagram posts.
1. Avoid posting generic graphics
- Use personal branding photos in your content. Take our word for it, a post will always perform better that includes a photo of you!
- Not sure how to pose for photos or what props to include? C&C Members, use our Personal Branding Photo Guide that includes recommendations of poses and props to break out for the upcoming quarter’s content.
- Can’t hire a photographer at this time? Ask a friend to snap a few shots or follow this post to taking personal branding photos at home.
2. Show your personality, hobbies, and what you love outside of real estate
Love spending your free time out on the water? Cooking? Playing with your pup? Bringing the kids to sporting events? Going to live shows? Show us! These are all opportunities for someone to see your content and connect with you on something outside of real estate.
3. Lean into Reels & Video
- Instagram has shared it is prioritizing exposing Reels content more than static post content. Use a Coffee & Contracts caption, template, or Reel script to get started! (And remember, show us your face and personality!)
- New to the Reel world? Read here and here for tips, templates and examples to get started.
- Also read: What is the etiquette on copying other people’s Reels
4. Engage, engage, engage
- Comment, like and respond to your existing comments
- Follow local hashtags and accounts and genuinely engage with local businesses and events
- The next time you head out for a meal, drink, or coffee share about it! Spread some positivity about what you loved about the experience. It’s likely that business will reshare your post. (And if it doesn’t happen on the first try, keep going!)
- Tag your location in your posts
5. Leverage your networks
- Had a great experience with a client? Ask them to share a few words about their experience. With their thumbs-up, create a testimonial post and tag them. Chances are high they’ll reshare the post on their account, giving you even more exposure.
- Have a friend with a different sphere of influence than you? Ask them about cross promoting opportunities
- Had a great experience with an industry partner (title company, photographer, lender)? Shout them out on social media and they may return the favor!
What other ways do you get more engagement on your Instagram posts? Share in the comments below.
Looking to take the guesswork out of Social Media Marketing? Join our membership to access done-for-you real estate marketing templates.
Ready to take social media off of your already too-full plate? Join our community today for access to the Facebook Group and the ultimate marketing toolkit!
Claudia is C&C's Marketing Director with a background in retail, commercial, hotel and residential real estate.
A Florida Native, Claudia loves being outdoors and on the water. Find her exploring homes in historic neighborhoods, squeezing a lime on something, or planning a trip somewhere off the beaten path.
Simple pleasures: a made bed and a hot baguette.