The real estate business can be, well, intense! Long days, lost deals, weekends away from family, the list goes on. As a new agent it can feel like an impossible mountain to climb in the beginning. We asked a group of Coffee & Contracts members to share their best advice for new real estate agents. Here are their words of wisdom:
- The real estate industry takes a lot of discipline and tenacity, but don’t give up! Being true to who you are will attract clients that you want to work with. – Cherie M.
Join a brokerage that has ample training, great mentorship, and somewhere that makes you feel at home! I cannot tell you how many times I’ve had to call my Broker to ask him questions. He has always been there for me. FIND someone who is going to help make you a better agent and not someone who is just going to throw you into the field with no guidance. – Khayla M.
Never stop lead-generating. Keep doing it until it becomes a habit and second nature. Do whatever you need to do to eliminate distractions that keep you from doing so – time block, etc. Give yourself grace but WORK HARD. Focus on the value you’re providing people and do not focus on trying to be perfect. – Shara S.
- As a new agent, it’s easy to fill your day with *activity* instead of *productivity*. New agents should focus on three things: 1) Going on as many appointments as possible 2) Engaging with as many people as possible – real estate is a contact sport! 3) Consuming as much training and role-playing as possible between appointments – Christopher C.
- I wish I knew how important it was to consistently post about real estate on social media!! I used to shy away from sharing because I thought people would think negatively of the constant “work” posts. I was SO wrong! Almost 40% of my business comes from Instagram now and that number just keeps growing. – Christina M.
Learn the phrase “Thats a great question, let me find that out” You dont have to know everything in this business, and you never will! Its constantly evolving and adapting to different markets. Keep learning and find a savvy mentor to grow with. – Lawrence B.
- The industry is smaller than you think, be kind to everyone in every field because you WILL work with with them again. – Joey O.
- It is not a loss if you don’t make the sale. Patience is everything and it will take time to build and be able to really support yourself in this industry. Do not be hard on yourself for not being as successful as the experienced realtors in your area.They started where you are and because they pushed through, they get to enjoy the fruits of their labor. – Keely M.
Join our community of like-minded agents for the support you need to kick start your real estate career.
Ready to take social media off of your already too-full plate? Join our community today for access to the Facebook Group and the ultimate marketing toolkit!
Claudia is C&C's Marketing Director with a background in retail, commercial, hotel and residential real estate.
A Florida Native, Claudia loves being outdoors and on the water. Find her exploring homes in historic neighborhoods, squeezing a lime on something, or planning a trip somewhere off the beaten path.
Simple pleasures: a made bed and a hot baguette.