We asked a group of our all-star members, “If I could give myself any piece of advice as a new agent starting out, it would be…” here’s what they shared:
- Get a mentor! It makes such a big difference in the beginning. – Lisa M.
- Study the market and share your knowledge regularly – The Hill Group
- Don’t overthink things and don’t wait to be perfect, just do it. – Sandra P.
- Don’t be scared to post on social media multiple times a day! – Ariel B.
- SHOW UP!!! To the office, to events, just show up! – Cassandra S.
- Develop a routine and stick with it, NO MATTER WHAT. – Felicia A.
- Don’t get discouraged and push hard towards your goal. – Chynna L.
- Step out of your comfort zone. – John M.
- Don’t obsess over what other realtors are doing. Pave your own path! – Catharine H.
- Follow up, be consistent, focus on the relationship and not the transaction. – Steve M.
- Don’t expect to “make it” in your first year. Be patient. Be humble. Be hungry. – Chelsea B.
- Bet on yourself and believe you can be successful! – Taley H.
- Practice contracts, live and breathe them. And never burn a bridge with anyone you meet! – Alyssa L.
- Take advantage of social media and create as big of a presence as possible! – Nicole B.
- Pick a brokerage that you feel comfortable going to for support. – Amanda L.
Join our community of like-minded agents for the support you need to kick start your real estate career.
Ready to take social media off of your already too-full plate? Join our community today for access to the Facebook Group and the ultimate marketing toolkit!
Claudia is C&C's Marketing Director with a background in retail, commercial, hotel and residential real estate.
A Florida Native, Claudia loves being outdoors and on the water. Find her exploring homes in historic neighborhoods, squeezing a lime on something, or planning a trip somewhere off the beaten path.
Simple pleasures: a made bed and a hot baguette.