November 28, 2023
Thinking of posting another “just sold” graphic on your Instagram? HALT! There’s a better way to build your Instagram following and convert those followers into clients. Check out these 4 types of content to post on Instagram that will take you far beyond the ordinary.
(ICYMI: all of the templates referenced below are available to Coffee & Contracts Members).
Sharing local content will help you reach more people (potential clients) in your area. Share content that someone in your city or moving to your city would find interesting. Don’t forget: use proper keywords, hashtags, account tags, and location tags in order to be more easily discovered.
- Cover new businesses or construction projects happening in your area.
- Rank your favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc.
- Share your favorite menu item at a local cafe or coffee shop.
- Share events happening in the city each month or upcoming weekend.
- Share insights on the local market and news – include your take on it!
- Share a “day-in-the-life” in your city.
- Share 5 reasons to move to/invest in [City].
Sharing educational content will help establish you as an expert which ultimately builds trust with your audience. Focus on creating content that people will want to bookmark for later – i.e. tangible ideas, tips, and hacks that people can implement or will want to remember.
Educational content can cover all sorts of topics. We recommend niching down and focusing on your specialties, such as:
- Home design, hacks, organization, and maintenance
- First-time home buyer tips and information
- Relocation information, local knowledge
- Best practices for marketing a listing
- Investment strategies, tips, ideas, FAQs
- New construction pros/cons, tips, insights, FAQs
- Market updates
- Interest rate information
Promotional posts may not get as many engagements, but it may get you more leads and clients. Remember, use proper keywords, hashtags, account tags, and location tags. Make your promotional content relevant, interesting, and unique.
- Instead of sharing a testimonial graphic or screenshot of your Zillow review, share a screenshot of a client’s text saying “Wow, you are such a lifesaver! We couldn’t have done this without you.”
- Instead of sharing a new listing, open house, just sold graphic, share the story behind the sale or behind the scenes photos of you and your clients looking at houses, or the obstacles you faced and how you guided your clients to the closing table. Share a high-quality and captivating video showcasing the stunning listing.
Personal & Relatable
Share content that is personal, funny, serious, inspiring, etc. Relate with your audience to build relationships and increase your “know, like, and trust” factor. Letting people see “behind the curtain” will build greater connection.
Remember: The one thing that makes you stand apart from your competition is you. That’s the one thing nobody can replicate!
- Use a trending audio reel and put a relatable spin on it.
- Write a caption about what’s going on in your life right now.
- Share a behind-the-scenes story of your day.
- Share a relatable quote or meme.
- Give us a peek of your personal life; how you spend your weekend, your hobbies, or how you are involved in your community.
There you have it – 4 types of content to post on Instagram as a real estate agent. Let us know in the comments if you implement any of these ideas on your own Instagram, and which posts perform well for you!