July 27, 2023
Unless you’ve been hiding under a boulder for the last few years, you know about social media. Still, you might not completely understand the power of social media, especially regarding marketing yourself and your real estate business, particularly through Instagram. Given that it’s a picture and video forward platform, Instagram is a helpful tool for engaging in social media marketing for real estate agents.
Harnessing the power of Instagram isn’t as simple as posting about new listings. Here is one simple growth strategy to help take your Instagram reach and exposure to the next level.
What Is Outbound Engagement?
Outbound engagement is the process of actively seeking out your target audience and directly engaging with them. Unlike inbound engagement, like responding to comments on your posts or answering direct messages, outbound engagement is a proactive practice meant to forge stronger bonds between you and your target audience. You can use outbound engagement on Instagram to grow your audience, strengthen your brand, and add tangible value to your business.
How To Employ Outbound Engagement?
Some outbound engagement strategies you can use on Instagram to boost social media content for real estate agents include:
- Utilize relevant hashtags and keywords. Hashtags and keywords in your captions and on your Instagram profile can help increase the visibility of your posts and drive new individuals to follow your account (inbound marketing!). For outbound engagement, you can use Instagram’s search feature and input keywords and hashtags on topics that are adjacent to your business – local businesses and other agents who can share referrals, etc.
- Find new audiences through the locations tab. Location isn’t just important in real estate, it’s also essential for social media posts for agents. Is there a prominent destinations near one of your listings? Browse posts tagged in that location and comment on some of these pictures. It’s an excellent way to mention your beautiful listing close to the tagged area.
- Interact with influential accounts. What people, profiles, or brands are highly influential in your area? Finding and interacting with these accounts can increase your visibility with their fans and, ideally, drive them to follow your profile.
- Engage with followers of competitors. Find the Instagram pages of some of your competitors or accounts like yours. Then, comment on their posts and interact with some of their fans. This strategy will help build awareness of your brand with this audience.
- Follow new accounts. Following a few new accounts, every week can help you reach a wider audience. People are more likely to follow your account if you’re already following them.
Join the Coffee & Contracts Community
If you want to improve your presence on Instagram and other social media platforms, join the Coffee & Contracts community. Your membership gives you the best tools to help you thrive online, increase social media engagement, and generate actual leads. Our program gives you access to marketing toolkit and database, including real estate templates for social media, to help you grow your business. The Coffee & Contracts community exists to help you develop your online presence and give you more time to focus on your real passion — helping people find their dream homes.