There’s a phrase we hear weekly: “I don’t event know where to start with my social media marketing.” Have you ever felt like this? 🙋🏼♀️ We get it. Marketing yourself consistently on Instagram can feel overwhelming and shrouded in mystery. But we’ve come with promising news: The C&C team has been chipping away at growing our own business on Instagram for the last 5 years. We’ve come a long way and have learned SO MUCH. Compiling our, we put together a checklist we’re willing to bet will elevate your social media marketing in ONE WEEK. Follow along for our 7 Day Real Estate Marketing Checklist. Let’s go!
Monday – Day 1
- Include these 3 keywords in your username or display name: your name, your city, and your job/industry (that includes: real estate, real estate agent or Realtor®).
- Hop on video on your Instagram Stories and ask your audience what they want to learn more about this week. Add a poll sticker and give a few post options like “local spots”, “home hacks”, “first-time buyer tips”, an so on.
- Then, go to a real estate industry Instagram page (like ours!) and make a genuine interaction with at least 5 accounts that are commenting on the posts. Bonus: Follow them if you find their content/page interesting, and comment on a recent post of theirs.
Tuesday – Day 2
- Set up a landing page with a free resource like a buyer guide or local guide. Link the landing page & add a call to action in your Instagram bio. Encourage people to download your free resource so you can collect their email addresses. (Hello new leads!👋) Learn how to set up a landing page here.
- Reply to one of the responses you got on your question sticker yesterday by filming a Reel of you answering the question or going over the topic. Tip: Film the Reel in good lighting and make sure it’s short, snappy, and engaging. Create a Reel cover photo in Canva using a branding photo of yourself, add text that explains what the video is about, and upload it with your Reel.
- Last, Navigate to a local Instagram account and make a genuine interaction with at least 5 accounts that are commenting on their posts.
Wednesday – Day 3
- Create a carousel post in Canva (or use a C&C template). Make sure the cover photo is a branding photo of you. Try an interesting local topic that will keep your audience swiping through the post. Examples: “My 5 Favorite Restaurants in Tampa” or “5 Places to Watch the Sunset in Tampa”
- Next, practice good hashtag hygiene: Remember to use narrow hashtags like #tampabayrealestateagent instead of #tampa or #realestate. Broad, generic hashtags are how the bots will find your account and spam you with comments!
- Schedule a preview of a hot new listing in a first-time buyer price range. Film videos touring the listing and upload the videos on Instagram Stories. Use the question sticker to ask if anyone wants more information.
Thursday – Day 4
- Search for an article about the housing market or news in your city. Use the Green Screen effect in Reels and summarize the article in your video. Keep it short and engaging, and don’t forget to add closed captions.
- Record a video on Instagram Stories of you flipping through one of your guides (like a seller guide). Use the question sticker to ask if anyone wants the free download. Send the person to your landing page to collect their contact information in exchange for the guide.
- Visit a real estate industry Instagram page (like ours!). Make a genuine interaction with at least 5 accounts that are commenting on the posts. Bonus: Follow them if you find their content/page interesting, and comment on a recent post of theirs.
Friday – Day 5
- Create a carousel post in Canva (or use a C&C template)and make sure the cover photo is a branding photo of you. Try a storytelling style post that relates to your audience. Examples: “How my client almost left $10k at the closing table.., or,“How my clients got the house despite it already having 10 great offers…”
- Post an Instagram story with the question sticker asking everyone what they’re up to this weekend. Share their answers, especially if there are any local events. Then hop on video and talk about your weekend plans: Open houses, scheduling showings, any fun plans, etc.
Saturday – Day 6
- Snap pictures AND videos of your weekend and save them to your camera roll.
- Grab a coffee at a local shop? Share it on stories and tag the local shop. Walking around the farmer’s market? Share it on stories and tag the vendors
- Make sure to get videos too, we’re going to use these for tomorrow’s assignment!
- Last, find a local Instagram page. Make a genuine interaction with at least 5 new accounts that are commenting on their posts.
Sunday – Day 7
- Gather the videos of your weekend and put them into a quick reel. The title will be “A weekend in [City].” Record a voiceover walking us through your weekend. For example, “On Friday we grabbed drinks at one of my favorite spots in Tampa, [Restaurant]. We got the [drinks] – so good! Saturday, we grabbed coffee and went for a walk around [trail]…”
- Next, head over to an industry Facebook Group and answer at least 3 questions to network with other agents. (Members, go to the C&C Facebook Group for this!)
There you have it: our 7 Day Real Estate Marketing Checklist. These are our tried and tested tips for elevating your real estate marketing, growing your referrals, and generating leads on Instagram as a real estate agent.
So, what did you think? Did you learn something new in this article? We’d love to hear from you in the comments!