If Instagram closed its doors overnight, would you have a way to get in touch with your audience? The truth is, no one owns their Instagram followers. Read on to learn how to create a landing page that features a valuable freebie AND collect your follower’s email addresses so you can stay in touch with them – with or without Instagram.
Pick a Valuable Freebie to Give Away
Start by choosing what content you’d like to giveaway as a “Freebie”. Members, use one of your Coffee & Contracts Marketing Guides like the Simply Selling Guide or the Rent vs. Buy Guide, available to all C&C members.
- Download the entire guide as a PDF
- Download the cover page and a PNG
Create a Free Landing Page with CovertKit
We recommend creating your landing page with ConvertKit because you can create an unlimited number of landing pages and collect up to 1000 subscribers for free
- Head over to ConvertKit
- Create a free account
- Click Landing Pages & Forms on the top band
- Choose Create New
- Choose Landing Page
- Choose from a template (We usually filter to E-Book → and use the Siesta template)
Style Your Landing Page
Under General Styles, you can customize fonts, colors, and images
- Choose your brand fonts (or the ones that match closely)
- Incorporate your brand’s colors to the header background, content background, and box background by pasting your color hex numbers
- Upload a PNG of the cover of the marketing guide you’re featuring
- Update the header and description text to explain what the marketing guide is about
- Header Text Example: “Download my Simply Selling Guide”.
- Description Text Example: “This guide simplifies the selling process and answers all of your questions about listing your home”
- Update the button text to include a Call-To-Action
- Example: “Download it now” or “Download this guide”
Upload the Freebie & Draft the Email to Subscribers
- Choose Settings
- Under General, edit the success message to match what your freebie is about
- Under Domain Name update the page URL to describe what the free download is about
- Under Incentive
- Check the box for Send Incentive Email
- Under the field “After confirming redirect to” select Download
- Upload the guide as a PDF
- Select Edit Email Contents
- Edit the Subject Line text to describe the freebie, and include your name and brokerage. Example: “Simply Selling Guide – Haley Ingram Realtor”
- Edit the body copy to describe the freebie. Example: “Thank you so much for your interest in the Simply Selling Guide. Please reach out if you have any questions about the guide or market”
- Edit the button text and box color to match your brand. Example: “Click to download”
- Unsubscribe & Address Disclaimer: Legally it is required to include an address in marketing emails of this kind and to give your subscriber the option to unsubscribe. You may update your address in account settings.
- Click Save > Save > Save & Publish
Customize the landing page URL
- Navigate to Your Profile
- Choose Account Settings
- Under the Account Info Tab, edit your desired domain under Account Domain
Voila! You’re well on your way to making lasting connections with your followers by capturing their emails on a landing page.
Ready to take social media off of your already too-full plate? Join our community today for access to the Facebook Group and the ultimate marketing toolkit!
Claudia is C&C's Marketing Director with a background in retail, commercial, hotel and residential real estate.
A Florida Native, Claudia loves being outdoors and on the water. Find her exploring homes in historic neighborhoods, squeezing a lime on something, or planning a trip somewhere off the beaten path.
Simple pleasures: a made bed and a hot baguette.