Hey there! This is Haley Ingram, founder of Coffee + Contracts. This checklist will help you to get started, so you can get the most value out of your membership. Let’s get started!
Part 1: Get Set Up
1. Request to join the Members-Only Facebook Group
This is a group where we collaborate, share referrals, ask questions, share wins, and help each other out. It’s a great group – make sure to join to get the most value out of your membership.
2. If you don’t have one already, create a FREE Canva account
This is what we use for the majority of our templates. You will never to need to upgrade to the paid version of Canva unless you want to, it’s free forever and all of our templates work with the free version.
Some important notes about Canva…
- Your designs will automatically be saved into your Canva dashboard. As soon as you click “Use Template” Canva will automatically store our design into your Canva designs.
- Locate your designs on your Canva account. You’ll be able to locate these under the “All your designs” tab on your Canva home page when you are logged in
- Use Canva on your browser on your desktop. We do not recommend using our templates with the Canva app, because it can be very buggy. For best results and more features, use Canva on your desktop or browser.
- Ever have a question about Canva? Check out our click the “?” button on the bottom right of our website. We may have already answered it! Canva also has a help button on the bottom right of their website with a ton of great resources and answers.
3. Optimize your Instagram Account
Already crushing it on Instagram? Awesome! Need some extra help getting set up? Use this graphic below to help you optimize your Instagram account for success.
Part 2: Brand It
If you choose to, you can go in and post our content immediately without changing a thing. However, it’ll be more effective if you add your personal touch & brand to everything.
1. Set up your branding colors, fonts, and optional logo.
Complete your branding set up worksheet and create a logo using one of our templates if you need or want one. We also have more branding kits (older ones) here.
It’s important to get your brand colors and fonts set up so that you can brand all of our templates cohesively. Refer to this worksheet as you brand your templates or do any other marketing in your business. If you are an expert in branding and have your social media accounts rocking and rolling, you may not need this. But if you need some extra help, we got you!
2. Brand your digital resources.
We have email signatures, Facebook cover photos, and Instagram highlight covers to implement your branding on. We recommend setting this up once and only revisiting every quarter or so. Find these on the Dashboard, scroll down to the Branding section.
3. Brand your printable resources.
These are your business cards, marketing guides, checklists, open house materials, etc. Go ahead and load these into your Canva account and set these up so you have them when you need them. Find these on the Dashboard, scroll down to the Printable section.
Part 3: Let’s get social!
Here’s where the fun begins: Social media time! It’s time to start branding your social media posts.
1. Customize the remainder of the content calendar for this month.
Depending on what day you join us, you’ll customize your social media for the remainder of the month. Go to this month’s calendar and open the Canva templates.
2. Implement your fonts, colors, and images
Add any branding images you have, and change the fonts and colors to correspond with your brand.
3. Schedule your social media posts
We recommend using Facebook Creator Studio to schedule your social media posts. Or, you can post them on the fly. Whatever works best for you.
Last step: Enjoy your content & have fun with it!
Now that you are all set up, it’s time to get creative and have fun with it! Use our Instagram stories, blog posts, video scripts, and more to have fun and grow your brand on social media. If you ever have any questions, feel free to post in the Members-Only group or click the “?” button on the bottom right of the screen. If you ever need help, please reach out to us at email@example.com!
Thanks for being here and allowing us to create for you!